Examples of signals indicating potential vulnerabilities with adversary’s Offering CG’s.
1. Product recalls. Leaders distracted by major product recalls or controversies are vulnerable to attack by the challenger.
2. Price wars. Competitors initiating price wars may be desperate to unload inventory or generate cash.
3. Product line extensions. Too many new products launches may detract from focus on primary markets.
4. Feature reductions. Cheap value engineered feature reductions may disenfranchise core customers.
5. Branding campaigns. Expensive high profile strategic branding campaigns are vulnerable to low profile direct marketing attacks.